Subjects for discussion at sections
of the IV World Congress of Finno-Ugric
Peoples “Youth is Our Future”
Ethno-politics and Law Section “From participation in decision-making
to implementation of norms of international law” :
- Opportunities for participation of minority peoples' representatives
in public decision-making processes.
- International cooperation in implementation of international
law on human rights and minority rights in national legislations.
- Functioning of mother tongues and implementation of the Framework
Convention for the Protection of National Minorities and the
European Charter for Regional and Minority Languages.
Languages and Education Section “Transferring languages
to future generations” :
- Different spheres of language use (home, kindergarten, school,
street) and development of children's language skills.
- Implementation of new models, methods and programmes in contemporary
bi- and multilingual education.
- Problems of Finno-Ugric language planning and worldwide experience
in strategies of language development
Culture Section “Youth
between traditional and urban cultures”
- Cultural policies of Finno-Ugric countries and regions
contributing to formation of a modern Finno-Ugric youth
- Traditions and innovations in contemporary Finno-Ugric
cultures. Ways of culture transfer to young generations.
Ideological and organisational basis of ethnofuturism.
- Finno-Ugric cultures as a resource for social and economic
development of states and regions.
Media and Information Systems Section “Mass media
and the Finno-Ugric information space”
- Youth and mass media: Youth journalism. Television and
radio broadcasts for youth and children's programmes on
the television and radio. Dubbing in and subtitles.
- Establishment of ethno-national linguistic and cultural
space on the Internet: Review of available resources.
Translating freeware programs (Mozilla, KDE, Opera) into
minor Finno-Ugric languages. UNICODE encoding.
- Identifying Finno-Ugric languages: Finno-Ugric languages
and alphabet, transliteration. Maps, vernacular toponymy.
Public Health, Demography and Ecology Section “Rising healthy
- Adequately addressing the youngsters' social problems
produced by cultural differences. Adaptation to the urban
- Social and emotional environment of indigenous populations
and their psychological health.
- Finno-Ugric peoples in the focus of the 2002 population
census in Russia.